Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still training - 5k week 7

Still training. I repeated week 6 4 weeks in a row.

Back at work. I did 45 mins on the elliptical this morning and feel pretty good. Still kind of mulling over the results of my blood tests yesterday:

red blood cell count ok, white blood cell count ok, basically no anemia, no diabetes, testosterone level ok, thyroid ok (so basically I can't blame my inability to lose weight on my metabolism).

The one glaring thing is my high cholesterol - level is 245, ldl level is 165. Overall level should be under 200, ldl level should be beneath 160. My Dr. tells me that 250 used to be the cut off point for high cholesterol, so I'm right on the border - so I won't need to go on any cholesterol drugs like lipitor, but I need to keep watching my diet and continue with the running. I think when I hit 10 percent, or goal, my cholesterol will be about normal.

Back from vacation as well - I thought I had gained 4 lbs when I got back but I weighed myself this morning and I lost the extra weight, it was probably water. Running is going well I'm able to run 4 miles without stopping, times are good. Only 2-3 weeks to go til my 5k race.

No comments: