Monday, July 28, 2008

5k race training week 8

Losing weight steadily since I started really watching my points and training for the 5k. It fluctuates a lot but it averages to about a little more than a lb a week. It seems like with all the running I should be losing more - but this is a lifestyle change, 5-6 months is not so long a time frame to reach my goal weight in a healthy and maintainable manner. I don't feel hungry or tired all the time as I would if I tried to do a crash diet - certainly if I did a crash diet I would not have enough energy to do all the running. I keep thinking about reaching my goal weight and all the changes that will happen in my life when that time comes 5-6 months from now.

Feel good about the running, I accidentally did 5.25 miles due to incorrect mapquest statistics. That was not such a big deal, I also had my best time for 4 miles on Sunday. The race is towards the end of next week. I'm going to run this afternoon and time my 3 mile run.

No comments: