Saturday, August 08, 2009

Don't you have a word to show what may be done . Have you never heard a way to find the sun

Still feeling out of it. Had a really shaky week last week, I basically had a meltdown at my therapist session last week. I think that was the second of two times that I really let myself cry about my dad dying. Did well on the half marathon, that was a really great experience. What an awesome running course too, I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. I've actually decided to train for Chicago Marathon 2010. There's enough time for me to get in shape for it I think, and it'll motivate me to train during the winter. We're busy these days, went to Ikea last night, books in boxes all around our apartment. Thinking about buying a bed for Nina's room next week.I'm practicing guitar again - I haven't played on a consistent basis in many weeks so it feels like I suck again. I also bought a new guitar so it feels even more awkward. Finally decided to get serious about recording an 'album' so I do something characteristic and spend a lot of money on a copy of Logic Studio. J. tells me it takes 24 hours to install. I'm going to install today and practice guitar. Have been listening to Nick Drake a *lot* lately, after several tries he really clicked with me. You know I'm really into a big musical 'phase' when K. complains I'm playing too much of one artist in the car.

No comments: