Sunday, June 21, 2009

Post reunion

Guys-

I had a really great time last Saturday at our reunion. It didn't seem like reminiscing at all to me - more like I was meeting new friends, or old friends that were so old that they were new again! I left pretty early, but I probably would have hung out a lot later if we didn't have to go back and pick up Nina. On the way home my wife was saying that she should have probably left me with and I could've caught a ride home with some of the people that live in the city. I was struck by how well everyone was doing in their lives and how healthy everyone seemed. I was really nervous at first walking into a room full of people I hadn't seen in a quarter century, but I didn't feel intimidated really as everyone was sort of a big family as we've always been. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk longer with a lot of you, I would have stayed and had a heart to heart with every one of you and you would have probably gotten sick of me! I know I asked you guys to keep in touch, and I really meant it - we have to sell our condo first, but when we move to a bigger place we'll probably throw a party and I'd love it if you guys would come over. And if you're ever in the city and are interested in going out for lunch or something, look me up, seriously! My number and email are on my profile. Also - if you know of any classmates that I should facebook friend, please suggest them to me! I'm not going to go snooping around your friends looking for them myself, it feels too voyeuristic. Man, it was really good to see you all again - you guys know that I wish you the best of course! Let's stay in touch ok?

Your friend,
Red

No comments: