Monday, December 10, 2007

Repeating yesterday

My dad's back in the hospital again, he has excessive fluid in his lungs due to an enlarged heart, the same stuff. I guess they have to adjust the blood thinner medications that he's on so that he can be comfortable at home. They are not strong enough and he winds up staying up all night coughing. When I stopped by the house last Thursday, he looked like he hadn't slept in a week. They are able to put him on much stronger medication at the hospital - but they have to do it intravenously. I really hope they finish giving him all the tests he needs to qualify for a heart transplant.

It's weird how calm my family is, it's like they're used to all of this now. They are probably like me though - privately my dad being in the hospital is in the back of my mind all the time, I always feel this turbulence underlying everything I do.

JCB called, he agreed to go with us to Duffy's for New Years Eve. I asked J. and P. but they're unsure if they're going at this point. We're supposed to be going with C. and B., each of whom are bringing a bunch of girls - which should be exciting for JCB and J. We went out to Louie's with C. on Saturday - that girl's a trip - we had a good time drinking and watching drunk people sing karaoke. I did a really bad rendition of Dangerzone by Kenny Loggins. On Sunday we drove out to Carol Stream so K. could try on a bridesmaid dress and visit with her college friend who is getting married in the summer. I had to hang out at the bar with the college friend's fiance. I shouldn't have gone, I should've stayed home and did some work or went to visit my dad in the hospital.

Still waiting for the ring to arrive, I'm hoping it will be nice so we can tell our parents. My parents seem to really like K. - maybe the news will make them happy. I also keep thinking about the looks in the fiance's face when his bride-to-be kept talking about her wedding - it was like 'the thousand yard stare' that vets used to talk about. :P

2 comments:

Reverend K said...

Holy shit! Congratulations, dude! I'm glad to hear that this chick is good for you.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Is it Congestive Heart Failure? My grandfather had that and the symptoms sound about the same. I hope he can get a transplant. It can be hard to do so, but staying positive around your dad and spending time with him can help a lot.

I dropped by the blog because I had a tech startup idea to throw your way if you were still looking around for one. Let me know if you're interested.

K

Nonchalant said...

Thanks dude. Hope all is well with you.