Tuesday, November 06, 2007

On the brink of the road and the damned

Back at work, I'm glad last week is over. I'm really out of it - I spent yesterday just catching up on emails. I'm really glad Jer and Paul are here, it's like coming back to a second family. I realized I'm happier at work than spending time with my family, that's kind of sad. K. is still moving in. We've tried 3 times now to make her a copy of the house key. I've decided to make a couple of changes in my life - one thing I'm doing is switch my priorities around a little. After work on weekday nights I have to do certain things: work out, meditate, practice guitar, and study programming or work overtime about 2 hours, and do a little financial research and planning. I'm going to practice guitar last now - so if I am studying and it is really late and I don't get to practice guitar, then so be it - I don't get to practice guitar. I might not get to practice so much, but at least I'll get the most important things done. I have a hunch that I'll wind up staying up late or practicing a lot on the weekend to make up for the practice missed during the week. I've set up my own domain name too, and a wordpress blog. I'm going to be working a lot on this new site and the software I plan to post on it. I'm also taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, I've always been a fan of his podcast - this is a 13 week total money makeover. It teaches a lot of useful information, if you can get past the religious propaganda. One piece of information that stuck in my mind from week 1 was that it takes 15 to 17 years for a typical millionaire to accumulate his net worth.

No comments: