Thursday, July 05, 2007

Two heats born to run, who'll be the lonely one?

I stayed up pretty late July 2 to get ready for my sort of midterm exam on July 3, I cut out of work during the day to drive to Northwestern and take it at my prof's office. When I got home I cleaned the house and packed, me and my girl set the alarm for 4am. We took a cab to O'hare at 5am to catch a 6:30 flight. Thank god this one wasn't delayed. We got our bags at Ronald Reagan and took the metro to the hotel. We got lost a little bit on the way. After we got situated we walked to where the parade was going to be, around 17th and Constitution. We finally set up at the most primo spot in all of DC - right on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. We struck up a conversation with a family that was visiting from California/Pennsylvania. There was a thunderstorm in the middle of the day that forced everyone inside the memorial. Me and my girl were the most prepared out of the people there - we had a picnic blanket, food to last the whole day, a lot of water, bug spray, and sunscreen. They let off fireworks over the Reflecting Pool, with the Capitol and the Washington Memorial in the background. It was really awesome. There were some that were shaped like smiley faces and hearts and stars. Afterwards we walked home, we figured we walked about 7 miles the entire day. I took a shower and fell asleep while we watched The Secret on my laptop.

I remember we were walking from monument to monument, Vietnam, Korean, WWII, my girl said 'if the world doesn't end, someday this entire field will be memorials'.

No comments: