Sunday, May 16, 2010

Can you imagine yourself as a fish

Well K. is going through some hormone/pregnancy sickness so after we grilled she fell asleep and I have to take care of N. now. Looks like I'm not running today, I wound up taking her to the park for a while. I didn't get hardly anything done this weekend, except almost done with the Ableton training. N. is going crazy - right now the only thing she eats is Lucky Charms cereal, but only the marshmallows. So every time she eats all the marshmallow she throws a tantrum until I make her another bowl of cereal.

Oh yeah and we sold my car so now we're down to one car - my wife's shitty Ford Focus hatchback. And I have to take the train to work tomorrow.

I don't know how I'm going to like taking public trans to work. I think it's probably going to suck, especially in the winter. I may get to do some people watching and I may save some money (but not much probably). What I'm hoping for is that, now that I'm taking the train to work I can read and do work while travelling to and from work - so I'll get to put in an extra two hours work a day, and I'll be more productive on the job. I'm sort of forcing myself into a situation where I have pretty much nothing else to do but apply myself more at work, so hopefully I'll start doing even better at work and eventually I'll get a better job. That's the best thing that can come out of this. Since K. is a teacher and doesn't work in the summer she won't need to drive for the next three months anyway and I could take her car to work if I want, but I think I'll still try to take the train to work.

In the fall, when the new baby arrives, we'll have to upgrade K's car to a larger car that will fit two baby seats - probably a compact SUV. Our number one choice right now is like a Subaru Forrester or Outback - I'm also really pushing for Volvo wagons. At least my wife and kids will be commuting in style.

We had a great weekend, though. We applied for our passports. Then we basically hung out at my mom's pretty much all day yesterday and today. We grilled out pork chops today, which were excellent. And we took N. to the park too, I love that. I think I get as much of a kick of going to the park as she does. She'll go to bed soon, she seems pretty worn out from this afternoon. I'm going to ask my wife to make fruit and peanut butter smoothies, fold laundry, then study Ableton the rest of the night until we fall asleep. I don't really want to go back to work tomorrow but such is life.

No comments: